Defining lead times in Oracle eBusiness Suite
Lead times is core element in supply chain management and optimization. Visit this page to understand better the lead-time concept. To set up lead times, please naviguate as follow:
- Oracle Inventory > Organization items form > Item attributes > Lead-time tabbed region
Please note: In Oracle eBusiness Suite, these attributes are controlled at the Organization level only!
- Postprocessing: This attribute is not relevant for "Make" items.
- Fixed: Enter the days required to make an assembly independent of order quantity.
- Variable: Enter the time to produce one additional unit of an assembly.
- Cumulative Manufacturing and Cumulative Total lead times are calculated and updated automatically by rolling up cumulative lead times, however, if needed you can update them manually.
- Variable: Quantity used to compute processing lead time (set by default to "1")
- Purchasing > Supply Base > Approved Supplier List > Supplier-Item Attributes (tab: Planning Constraints)